Downdraft Benches for industrial processes
Downdraft Tables for Metal Dust and NFPA484 Compliance.
APB Series Downdraft Tables
All APB Downdraft Benches are designed to “source-capture” dust, smoke, fume, and gas/vapor contaminants. Compliant with OSHA and OSHA regulations, each APB Downdraft Bench can be custom designed to fit each user’s unique application needs. Typically used for moderate to heavy concentrations of dry dusts and contaminants, the APB Series can be used for grinding, polishing and dry-buffing applications.
The APB Benches also come with a manual pulse-jet cleaning system with options for auto-pulse and timed-pulse filter cleaning systems. Filter options include washable poly-spunbond cartridges, Nano FR, and 80/20 cellulose.
The APB Downdraft Benches come with steel grates as a standard feature. Non-marking top mats made from rubber or polypropylene are also available upon request. The APB line of heavy-duty Downdraft Benches are used for all kinds of heavy industrial grinding and sanding applications.
Built 100% in the USA. Parts and filters are always just a phone call away. A link to a complete digital owners manual is at the foot of the page.
Features and Specifications
- Three table top sizes are available: 42”x 50”, 42” x 76”, and 48” x 102”
- Table top velocities are approximately 250 fpm
- Typical top load is 75 lbs per square ft.
- A variety of custom options are available depending on your unique application
- Compliant with OSHA and NFPA
- Option for .3 Micron @ 99.97% efficiency HEPA Filtration
- Optional 12” shelf that extends the front table-top (depth)
APB HEPA Filtered Tables are designed to capture these harmful dusts: Beryllium, Cadmium, Carbon Steel, Cobalt, Cold Rolled Steel, Copper, Lead, Manganese, Nickel, Stainless Steel.
Wet HAZDUST for XP Metal Dusts
The HAZDUST Wet Downdraft Table is designed to capture explosive metal dust such as aluminum, titanium, magnesium, and commercial alloys. The table meets the codes and requirements from NFPA484. Each unit is rigorously tested before it leaves our shop. The wet portion of the unit is constructed from 304 stainless steel for long lasting life.
The HAZDUST Downdraft tables are available in: 36" x 36", 36" x 48", and 36" x 72". These are table-top dimensions.
Certified HEPA Filtration with NFPA 484 compliant heat sensor.
Putting HEPA Filtration in wet dust collectors in the past has been challenging because the aluminum fines would dry out in the filters after the machine was turned off. Over time the accumulation of aluminum dust became a fire hazard. A lot of manufacturers stopped offering HEPA filtration as a result.
A safe solution for this is to install heat and fire sensors on the HEPA filter itself.
Ask your rep about the optional HEPA Filtration with NFPA 484 compliant heat sensors for safety and proper compliance. Call us today to learn more!
- High Level shutdown control
- Hinged Table Side Panels
- Full Enclosure with Lights and crane slot
- Fiberglass Grating for Table Top
- Water Filtration Cleaning System
Features and Specifications
- Airflows range from 2000 to 4800 CFM depending on table top size and motor horsepower.
- Direct drive non-sparking aluminum backward curved blower
- Washable polypropylene mist eliminator
- Aluminum grating table top work surface.
- Automatic water level control with low level shutoff.
- High level shutdown control
- Automatic shutdown with loss of airflow.
- Factory pre-wired control panel
- 34 inch table top height
- Hinged Side Panels
- Table designed for handicap accessible